It's Just Another Blog

Monday, March 19, 2007

Updates

Well, I took myself seriously when I said I didn't want to blog. But since friends (thanks Dave) are asking for updates, as well as family (Hi Heather), I figured I'd oblige.

My weigh loss slowed down and crept back up slightly. I'm at 200 right now, and I just joined Curves on Friday night. My second workout is tonight and I'm excited. The workout itself is good and not too hard, but I can see how it will keep you going. I am looking forward to losing those last 40 pounds. My adjusted goal is now 160, and my more immediate goal is 180. Back to the lowest I've been.

Other news, I got a raise at work, the most anyone could get. 3.55% isn't a whole lot, but I love my job, what I do, and I love the feeling I get of working at all.

My college career is going well. I still have straight a's after my first year. Haven't hit math yet so not sure if I can keep it up the whole time or not.

I'm now the proud mommy of another German shepherd dog, Vixen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She is about a year old and is a rescue. Her history is pretty unknown but she is wicked smart and is learning very quickly. She and Axel are best buddies and with Axel's health issues, she is good for him. He has some sort of neuromuscular disorder, undiagnosed as of yet. We have an appointment in a little over a week to try to find out what it is. His back legs swing out when he walks, and he is just very weak overall in the rear. It is not hip dyplasia, although he has a slight case of that now due to whatever this is. I'm very broken hearted over this, Axel is a VERY special puppy and just crept so quickly into my heart its not funny. Here is a recent picture of him and Megan.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My house is progressing. We've found a handyman that works dirt cheap. We'll be building Vincent's room above the barn/garage in a few months so that he has some privacy once he graduates. I can't believe he graduates in just a few months and then goes on to college.

Kat is doing wonderful, being her goth self. She went back to glasses after not liking the complications of contacts. She also gets braces this week.

Megan is being Megan, but we've got things in the works to hopefully cure the Megan out of her :) Nuff said there.

And finally... just when you think something has changed, perhaps it really hasn't. Who knows, isn't that what makes life worth living?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home